History of Citizens National Bank
Just above the caprock on the Texas High Plains sits the small, but progressive community of Crosbyton where cotton, cattle, grain and country living reign supreme. Going to see your banker in Crosbyton is a social as well as a business event.
A bank was proposed for the town site of Crosbyton in December of 1908. The material used in the building was native stone and concrete blocks. The stone was quarried from the canyon east of Crosbyton. The sand and gravel was hauled into town from the canyon. The building was completed in the summer of 1909. The bank was established as the First State Bank, shortly after to be changed to First National Bank. A First National Bank was chartered in Emma Jan. 16, 1907. This bank moved to Crosbyton, and the charter dated April 22, 1911, changed the name to Citizens National Bank. J.C. Woody served as President.
There were two banks in Crosbyton until December 14, 1929, when the Citizens National bought the First National and the two consolidated, thereby, surviving the years of the depression. A historical marker was awarded the site by the Texas Historical Commission in 1965.
It continues to be Citizens National Bank in Crosbyton until the present time. Max Ham is serving as President. The current board members are Max Ham, Bob Ham, Kim Eudy, Janelle Snodgrass, Chase Ham and Anne Marie Ham.
|Home | Personal Banking | Business Banking | About Us | Locations | Contact Us|
© 2007. Citizens National Bank. All rights reserved.